[lit-ideas] Re: Is Hizbollah a Resistance Organization or not?

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 06:46:14 EDT

I suspect Judy is using the King James an Lawrence either the RSV or  NIV?

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Is Hizbollah a
Resistance Organization or  not?  Date: 8/7/06 3:25:42 A.M. Central Daylight
Time  From: _judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:

This is the passage as I was taught it:
"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not  charity,
I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have  the
gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and  though
I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity,  I
am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I
give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me  nothing.
"Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity  vaunteth
not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh  not
her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in  iniquity,
but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things,  hopeth
all things, endureth all things.
"Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail;
whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it
shall
 vanish away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that
which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.  When
was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a
child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see
through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then
shall
I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity,  these
three; but the greatest of these is charity." (1 Corinthians 13:1-13 KJV)