[lit-ideas] Re: How do I look (Re: Re: Takiyyah)

  • From: John Wager <john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 01:26:24 -0600

Teemu Pyyluoma wrote:

Indeed, or as Esa Saarinen, a pop philosopher over
here summed it up: A man and his wife are going to a
party. Man waits for his wife to get ready, and she
finally appears all dressed up and asks "How do I
look?" Now, at this point if the man thinks he is
actually being asked a question, he has already lost.

NOW you tell me!

This guy might have saved a marriage, or at least made it last a bit longer before it wore out!

It took me at least FIVE YEARS to figure this out. GUYS: Am I really more dense than the average male?

"Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence and ignorance." -------------------------------------------------
John Wager john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx
Lisle, IL, USA