[lit-ideas] Re: From today's paper

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 14:45:52 -0700 (PDT)

Seems to me that capitalism, like communism and Christianity, has never been
tried.  Adam Smith would roll over in his grave with all this greed, which
would make him naive I suppose.  Alan Greenspan let himself off the hook by
testifying that (shock!) he never expected the system to work out this way,
without regulation.  I guess that's what happens when Ayn Rand is your
girlfriend forever, you never quite get a grip on reality.