[lit-ideas] Re: First Rational Discourse creates al Qaeda, now... battle PhDs?

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 19:23:14 -0230

Quoting Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
snip
> Btw it is a fact that there is no elephant in the room I am in
> And nothing LW says is persuasive to the contrary

Denial ... one of the most fundamental signs of either an actual or emergent
neurosis. Of course, philosophers who believe that anything even remotely
connected to psychoanalysis is neither verifiable nor falsifiable - vide the
writings of one of my own mentors, John O. Wisdom - would identify Donal's
claim as but an empiricallly falsifiable and contingent validity claim.
(Remember that true claims do not correspond to the facts; rather, they express
facts, if true. Facts are not out there growing on trees.

Finally on vacation for 30 working days,

Walter O.