[lit-ideas] Dutch support killer of van Gogh

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:18:47 -0800

How delightful to have two people so quickly jump to the defense of the
Islamists bent upon taking over Europe.   Perhaps Allah is behind them after
all.

I used the term 'immigrant,' but whether immigrant or born in Europe the
majority retain loyalty to the ummah and not to Europe if they were born
there.  It is difficult to call them citizens.

Here is an anecdote about another European-born alien:  "Van Gogh had been
bicycling to work along a street called Linnaeusstraat when Mohammed
Bouyeri, the Dutch-born son of Moroccan parents and a member of a radical
Muslim network, had shot him, knocking him off his bicycle.  Bouyeri,
wearing a long jellaba, pumped up to twenty additional bullets into Van
Gogh's body, stabbed him several times, and slit his throat.  He then pinned
to van Gogh's chest with a knife a five-page letter addressed to the
filmmaker's collaborator, Parliament member Ayaan Hirsi Ali, quoting the
Koran and promising her and several other Dutch leaders (whom he named) a
similar end:  'I know definitely that you, O America, will go down.  I know
definitely that you, O Europe, will go down.  I know definitely that you, O
Netherlands, will go down.  I know definitely that you, O Hirsi Ali, will go
down.'

"According to witnesses, van Gogh had said to his murderer (who at the time
was living on welfare payments from the Dutch government): 'Don't do it!
Mercy! Mercy!  And: 'Surely we can talk about this.'  The blunt, outspoken
van Gogh had been an unsparing critic of European passivity in the face of
fundamentalist Islam; unlike most Europeans, he'd understood the connection
between the war on terror and the European integration crisis, and had
called America 'The last beacon of hope in a steadily darkening world.'
Together he and Hirsi Ali had made a short film, Submission - he'd directed,
she'd written the script - about the mistreatment of women in Islamic
cultures.  Yet at the end, it seemed, even he had grasped at the Western
European elite's most unshakable article of faith - the belief in pace and
reconciliation through dialogue."

Lawrence

  _____