[lit-ideas] Re: Dutch support killer of van Gogh

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:28:31 -0800

I don't accept your view that the problem Muslims are not numerous.  This is
the viewpoint of Fukuyama which I discussed elsewhere.  He followed the
viewpoint of Gilles Kepel and Olivier Roy, but most of the writers I've read
described a few activists, but a vast reservoir of Fundamentalist Islamists
who share their viewpoint and agree with them but don't wish to become
activities themselves.  It is not their calling, but they do support the
activists.

If you Kepel, Roy and Fukuyama are right then we have little to worry about,
but if all the others I've read are right then we are at war and our
opponent is formidable and serious.  It would be nice if you were right, but
I don't think you are.

I'll challenge you as I have some others.  Provide some evidence of this
vast peaceful majority that does not share the viewpoint of Fundamentalist
Muslims.  I have looked for this evidence as I have remarked in several
notes in the past and haven't found it.  And when you want to analyze me
rather than the evidence, facts, and accounts I'm presenting, I'm fairly
certain you haven't found it either.

Lawrence

  _____