[lit-ideas] Re: Dr. Feelgood and the Interns

  • From: Scribe1865@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:57:25 EDT

In a message dated 8/23/2004 2:06:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
ABD (Adult Boredom Deficiency) is a growing problem in
this country and people should not stigmatize those who suffer from it.  The
symptoms are usually an undue interest in life, unsavory satisfaction with
existence, obsessive smiling, unbearable 'good spirits', etc.
______
The problem may not be limited to the United States. Although the US is
certainly in the forefront of nations addressing the problem, we also tend to
ignore the Rights of the Unbored.

Which brings us to "The Scream." It may have been stolen by Norwegian ABD
fellow-travelers who seek to re-paint the masterpiece. You know, turn that
smile
upside down? It wouldn't surprise me if a previously unknown Edvard Munch
painting, "The Smile," is discovered in one of the civilized northern countries.

Nothing at all will be attempted if all possible objections must first be
overcome.
Samuel Johnson