[lit-ideas] Re: Death of a Thinker

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:08:44 -0500

"Typically capitalist response.  As if threads were property."

Semul the Barbarian
Semul, Laknar, and Frisch
14 Rubber Beltway
Saginaw, MI

Phil Enns
Metaphysics Dept.
Blavatsky Center
Universal University
Toronto, ON

Dear Mr. Enns:

It has come to our attention that you are repeatedly trying to hijack
threads from our client, Mr. Paul Stone of Kingsville, Ontario. Please
be advised that we have been retained by Mr. Stone to enforce his
interests in these matters, and will be maintaining an extensive dossier
of your hijacking attempts, pursuant to legal action by this firm.

Rather than instigate immediate legal proceedings against you, we are
offering this cease and desist notice, in hopes that all parties may
reach an amicable agreement of nolo scribendi and thus save valuable
court time. As is well known (cf. DG Myers versus Fluffy the Clown, UT,
1989) threads do indeed constitute property, and attempts to hijack them
fall within the purview of the Interstate Commerce Act as applied to
free mailing lists.

Keep it up, buddy, and we shall literally clobber you. First with our
mighty war maces, and later with endless streams of punitive law suits.
Thank you for your time and attention. We hope that no further
communications are necessary on this subject.

Sincerely,
Semul the Barbarian
Semul, Laknar, and Frisch

cc: ps, stb, dgm