[lit-ideas] Re: Car culture

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 02:47:44 EDT

In a message dated 4/3/2006 1:41:55 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx writes:

What  happens
to the U.S. advantage in ability to project power when jet  aircraft
and helicopters have both run out of  fuel?

HI,
Well, surely that won't happen for a long time. I would imagine that the
last (or one of the last) entities to have access to oil/power will be the
military.

But--it might be the end, do you think--of this thing we call
'globalization' as we know it?  Though--there are ways to conserve and if  we
got hopping on
things, it might be okay. Think we'll all miss each other  if/when we have no
electricity for things like computers, though?

Otherwise--well, there is always the family farm.  One of the stories  here
in my suburb is of Longview Farms--which set out to be completely totally
self-sustaining--and was for a long long time. How long before we build more
nuclear reactors, anyway?

Time to get one of those programs on the Heritage Gardening aspect of life,
though...hm.

Best,
Marlena in Missouri