[lit-ideas] Re: Car culture

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 09:00:09 +0100 (BST)

--- Carol Kirschenbaum <carolkir@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But the myth persists that everyone in
> California--in America--has a car, so
> throughout the US, shopping for food is a major big
> deal without a vehicle.

We can food-shop online and/or go and choose the food
then have it delivered free, and a lot of people do.
It's really useful.  (Also the organic farmers deliver
boxes of veg free, including mini-boxes -- and of
course my local greengrocer will sell one carrot... .)

Your competitive system seems not to be working :)

Judy Evans, Cardiff

NEW Yahoo! Cars - sell your car and browse thousands of new and used cars
online! http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/