[lit-ideas] Car culture

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 17:11:22 -0700

John writes

But, turning to another topic, I am happy to read what you say about
not owning a car. My wife and I are a very unusual American couple in
that we have never owned a car since getting married in 1969.

i would love to not have a car. the expense, the bother, the lack of exercise, and so on. when i had jobs at corps within bicycling distance, i left the car at home. but it's simply impossible to live in Calif without a car. i wonder what will happen when oil goes to $20/gallon.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com