[lit-ideas] Re: Back to Popper (and further back to Hume)

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 21:15:38 -0800 (PST)

--- Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, for the life of me, I see now argument. We are
> given a sentence, 'All
> swans are white,' and asked to 'test' it in light of
> the following:
>
> > You are given three boxes to test the proposition.

*In other words, Donal is asking us to defend
inductive probability (regardless of whether or not we
endorse it otherwise) on the basis of clearly
insufficient inductive evidence. Something like
challenging one to fight a box match on condition that
his hands are tied on his back.

O.K.

Sponsored Link

$420k for $1,399/mo.