[lit-ideas] Re: Aren't you glad you no longer have a Hitler problem?

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 14:01:40 -0400

Omar Kusturica wrote:

"Certainly I sympathize with the Palestinians. If you are trying to
imply that I ever had any sympathies for Saddam Hussein, you will need
to provide evidence for that."

"Most of us here may be talkers, but Al-Zarqawi for example was not not.
Next time Eric wants to assert his moral superiority, or even equality,
to Zarqawi, he might need to explain the fact that one of them was
prepared to enlist, while the other was not." (Omar, 13 June 2006)

Your lauding the moral superiority of someone who slits the throats of
innocent people is noteworthy.  It therefore comes as no surprise that
you would support those who call for driving the Jews into the sea.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Toronto, ON