[lit-ideas] Re: Another Bush failure?

  • From: jimkandjulieb@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 08:25:44 -0400

Calls from angry bill collectors.......

I have some rules:

1:  "unknow name unknown number" I ain't gonna answer.  If they don't want me
to know who they are I'm not interested in talking with them.  Beyond rude it
is.

2:  "If this person lives in this house press _______"  yeah right (Timothy
leaves the same message daily.  I have no idea who Timothy is, but he calls
every day saying, this is Timothy, please call me at ........some 800#) Sorry,
I'm not that loose.

3:  "Please hold" (I'm sorry, someone I don't know calls me, to put me on hold?
 I don't think so.)

Caller ID is a wonderful thing.

 Telemarketers are  a whole different story.

If I'm in the mood for fun and have time I attempt to engage them in literary
or theologic discussion.   If I'm not I tell them I'm on line with someone in
China, but they can call back.

Julie Krueger