[lit-ideas] Re: Another Bush failure?

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 22:30:22 -0400

>>intensive therapy with Dr. M. Geary, PhZ.

Personal confession time.

M. Geary's doctorate in Zydeco, the so-called "PhZ," prevented me from fully appreciating him as a surrogate father, and thus from successfully transferring all my toxic issues unto him. No matter how welcoming and warmhearted his therapy, I kept unfolding the frayed picture of Bin Laden from my jacket pocket, brandishing my Gerber fighting knife, and muttering, "Kill, kill, kill!" His clever techniques, such as hazarding that I was somehow related to Bin Laden, his sly references to Captain Beefheart lyrics, his advice on the best way to make a mint julep, all his niceties and nuance of judgment, rebounded against the stubborn and adamantine carapace that is my soul.

Still there is hope and time to change. If only Dr. Geary hadn't loosed his Harpy-tongued collection agents on me. If you see him, tell him that I will pay my bills as soon as I can.