[lit-ideas] Re: Another Bush failure?

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 00:09:08 -0400

Irene: The most dreaded demons are the internal ones. Face them and nothing else matters.

Eric:How do you know this?

Irene: By taking the Hero's Journey. By looking at my feelings, emotions, motivations. .... I am here to tell you that the most dreaded demons are the internal ones. Face them and nothing else matters. Tragically, next to nobody does that. Instead, they get their emotions out by invading
countries, or cheering on those who invade other countries.

Eric: Well how comfy for you to have taken the Hero's Journey or Fool's Errand and to assume that nobody does that but the select few of which you are the current spokesperson. How very elect of you.

Perhaps you should consider that the capacity for self-deception is unlimited and sempiternal, and that internal demons may easily disguise themselves as the Faustian fruit of our illusory inner mastery.