[Linux-Anyway] I give up

  • From: "Meph Istopheles" <Meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Anyway" <Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:41:23 -0700

OK.

  Too much hardware trouble & hassles.

  I'm in the process of reinstalling RH 7.1 (7.2 keeps failing
early in the package install), as I think I've now lost ~all~ my
data on the hard drives.  With any luck, it'll actually install
on ~this~ hard drive since gentoo wouldn't even let me get to the
first boot.

  Anyway, I'm looking for a faster & better means of updating a
RH box than up2date.  I see rpmfind can do what up2date does,
with the implication it won't fuck up.  Anyone ever used it?  Is
it a good alternative?

  Meph

--
  "I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody."
  -Dave '-ddt->' Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux