[Linux-Anyway] Re: Good P2P Client

  • From: Horror Vacui <horrorvacui@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 23:04:05 +0200

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:32:47 -0400
HaywireMac wrote:

> I'm currently running MLDonkey, and I've had *some* success (managed
> to snag Matrix Reloaded a month b4 it came out on DVD) but it is
> painfully slow.
>
> I just tried out Direct Connect, and, I don't know if I'm missing
> something, but I was just getting nowhere fast. Can't find anything,
> everything's in Russian or something, and it chews through my upstream
> bandwidth like crazy, even with no one uploading from me.
>
> What do you guys find is a good P2P client, good speed, lots to
> download, esp movies (Manga, Anime, Sci Fi, etc.).?

Well, I use gtk-gnutella. No idea if it's good or not, since that's the
only thing I tried and found to be working with the little tweaking and
knowledge I was willing to invest/acquire. I'm not downloading much,
just a tune or two that catches my fancy.

I'd like one that works from the command line, so if you find something
like that...

Cheers

--
Horror Vacui