[Linux-Anyway] Re: I give up

  • From: "Meph Istopheles" <Meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 21:54:40 -0700

  And another thing....

  As it turns out, I can't even get RH 7.1 to work.  Booted once,
then nothing.

  OK, so the hard drives may be bad.  Anyway, I now have W98
(I'll wait till I have virgin hardware before I try it again:-\)
on hda (40GB).  There are two Linux partitions on hdb (27GB) &
nothing on hdd (80GB).  I'm thinking of formatting hdd vfat, &
moving my multimedia on hdb there, then reformatting hdb vfat.

  Now, all my mail had been saved to hdb in various directories.
As these are basically text files, will I have to find a Windows
version of unix2dos, or should I be able to bring them over some
way into OE?

--
  "I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody."
  -Dave '-ddt->' Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux