[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Table of human readable tables.

  • From: Bert Frees <bertfrees@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 15:02:08 +0200

> [...] One that might not cover all corner cases but that could maybe serve
> the common needs (btw what are these? Is this just about nice names in some
> GUI?)

Yes I think it's probably mostly about nice names in user interfaces. It
would be nice if all applications that use liblouis could be displaying the
same descriptions.

However I'd like to propose, instead of Greg's fixed format, some kind of
list of key-value pairs where some keys/values are standardized and other
can be freely chosen. Or possibly a list of tags/keywords, again some
standardized some free.

I'm not fond of the fixed format because it will almost certainly not cover
all needs and it not extensible.