[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: LGPL license

  • From: Hammer Attila <hammera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 11:15:48 +0200

Hi,

I already answered John Gardner private, but forwarding my answer into list, with little completions.
With licensing and copyright question related:
If I understanding right with John letter, I supporting any licensing and copyright information related change, I would like me contributions always to awailable free with all Liblouis users without charge.
This is true my code contributions and hungarian braille tables related too.
When in IT Foundation for the Visually Impaired - Hungary nonprofit organization I created the hungarian grade1 table, my purpose to hungarian blind users provide free access with hungarian grade1 and computer braille in Liblouis with NVDA and Orca screen readers, or any thirdpart applications with using Liblouis component. Hungarian blind users active using Liblouis with NVDA hungarian localized version and in Linux the Orca screen reader, so important to free awailable this contributions future.

So, looks now how looking the licensing parts my contributions. This is easying anybody tell me what can need I changing licensing related. With tables related files top of part have following informations, when I 2012 year finished the first final table, I copyed the licensing related informations I think with english braille table and little modified the maintainers and copyright related section:
"# liblouis: Hungarian Grade 1 table
#
# Based on the Linux screenreader BRLTTY, copyright (C) 1999-2011 by the BRLTTY Team
#
# Copyright (C) 2011-2012, IT Foundation for the Visually Impaired - Hungary. Homepage: www.infoalap.hu
#  All rights reserved
#
#  This file is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
#   under the terms of the Lesser or Library GNU General Public License
#  as published by the
#  Free Software Foundation; either version 3, or (at your option) any
#  later version.
#
#  This file is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
#  WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
#  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
#  Library GNU General Public License for more details.
#
#  You should have received a copy of the Library GNU General Public
#  License along with this program; see the file COPYING.  If not, write
#  the Free Software Foundation, 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor,
#  Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
#
#  Maintained by Attila Hammer  hammer.attila@xxxxxxxxxxx"
#
# If you found bugs with hungarian grade1 table, report it with following address:
# Attila Hammer <hammer.attila@xxxxxxxxxxx
#If you have a Launchpad account, report table related requests with
following bug tracker address: https://bugs.launchpad.net/belin";

Affected table related files with I possible need doing changes, depending the answer: hu-hu-g1.ctb, hu-chardefs.cti, hu-exceptionwords.cti, hu-backtranslate-corrections.dis, hu-hu-comp8.ctb

With my and Mesar doed lou_harnessGenerator code have following licensing related informations:
"# Liblouis test harness generator
#
# This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
# modify it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public
# License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
# version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
#
# This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
# Library General Public License for more details.
#
# You should have received a copy of the GNU Library General Public
# License along with this library; if not, write to the
# Free Software Foundation, Inc., Franklin Street, Fifth Floor,
# Boston MA  02110-1301 USA.
#
# Copyright (c) 2012, Hammer Attila, Mesar Hameed."

If anybody tell me what need I replacing with licensing and copyright informations related to awailable hungarian users free in Liblouis my contributions, I will sending a patch the list. Unfortunately I not have commit access the Github repository, so anybody need committing the final patch into Liblouis Github repository the hammera_hu branch and future need merging the branch content into master branch.

Attila