[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: LGPL license

  • From: Bert Frees <bertfrees@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 16:57:33 +0200

Hi John,

Okay that's all fine, but the AUTHORS file is for keeping a record of all
contributors so I'm gonna keep everything in there unless someone
explicitly renounces his copyright. Dave Mielke gave his permission to
re-license, but that doesn't mean he hasn't got copyright anymore, or does
it? If you're not writing to the BRLTTY authors just ignore that section.
Same for the Hyphen authors.

Asking to transfer the copyright to the liblouis project is good idea, it
will simplify things in the future. Good thinking. Not sure if we can just
do that automatically for new contributions, if not we can ask explicitly.

Bert