[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: LGPL license

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 09:21:36 +0100

Hi John G,

I have to agree with Jamie here,
A lot of people outside the three organizations have contributed
substantially to the
project over the years,, and
while moving to lgpl v2.1 is something that I am willing to accept, giving up
copyright ownership is not really something that I am happy about.

This means that peoples work is considered free labour, and the three
named organizations mentioned could at any point change the licence and
go closed source in
the future which might be against the spirit of the original project.

In addition, since we moved to the new maintainership, it is not clear
how any of the three organizations are actively contributing to the
project.

Also any private responces that you might receive should be forwarded to
the list so that they are publically documented.

Thanks,
Mesar