[LRflex] Re: a mildly interesting read on Stock Photo Market

  • From: George Lottermoser <imagist3@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 13:10:47 -0500

On Jul 25, 2011, at 12:59 PM, David Young wrote:

> These same journals tell me that the stereo market is starting to "bounce
> back", but it will be many, many years, if ever, before they regain the
> business they had.
>
> I fear the stock photo market is in for a long, rough ride.

Interesting analogy David.
In both cases a discerning consumer is required for a healthy market;
along with a photographer's ability to produce an image which is discernible
from the literal GLUT of relatively decent images on the internet.
Most especially as the market moves steadily away from "print quality"
and towards "net quality" and "tablet quality" images.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.imagist.com