[LRflex] Re: a mildly interesting read on Stock Photo Market

  • From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 17:03:17 -0400

You read and understand properly.  I am still making a small living selling
stock but nothing like twenty or even ten years ago.  I have enough released
photos of people which most of the new "snappers" don't have.  Those I still
lease as RM.  I have never gone the RF route and never will.  Thanks
goodness, most people are catching on that it's impossible to make a living
with micro-stock unless you are the micro stock company.
Tina

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 1:58 PM, Richard Ward
<ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Tina, if I read and understand Reid's article properly, you deserve my
> sympathies in the loss of an income stream and a way to be a Photo
> Professional in a sustainable manner.
> Richard
>
>  _____________________________________
>
> "I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
> you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
> identify their corporate sponsors."
>  _____________________________________
>
> On Jul 25, 2011, at 1:30 PM, Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > The article was written by Betsy Reid, formerly director of the Stock
> > Artists' Alliance.  I was a member until they started accepting
> > photographers who leased stock photos as Royalty Free which went against
> > everything that they supposedly supported.  The board of directors made
> > excuses at the time that they needed to keep up with all aspects of
> stock,
> > including RM and RF.  Now she seems to be having second thoughts and
> > realizing, too late, what a fiasco RF really is.
> > Tina
>   http://www.lrflex.furnfeather.net/

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com