[LRflex] Re: a mildly interesting read on Stock Photo Market

  • From: "David Young" <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tina Manley" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 18:26:36 -0700

In a message dated 26/07/2011, Tina Manley said ...

> The second one ;-)  Not many people bother to get model releases.  I have
> them for most photos.
> Tina

Good on you, Tina!  I won't sell a photo of a person without a release,
either.

The fact that releases are usually difficult, if not impossible, to
get - after the fact, it's one reason I went in to wildlife photography!
Birds and bears seldom sue!

Way back in 1965,  I took a photo of  Peter Reveen, the stage hypnotist &
magician.

http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/news/article/459738

Last February, I wrote Reveen, asking for a model release, in return for a
print, so I could use it in one my educational DVDs. With no reply, I
thought it a lost cause.

Three nights ago, I received a phone call from his son, Ty Reveen,
apologising for the long delay, saying he now has POA for his Dad, and
yes, he'd grant me the model release!  Thanks to his generosity, and the
wonders of the internet, I had it in my hand, before I was off the phone!

It turns out that Ty Reveen is also the inventor of the Confetti Cannon,
which you see in many stage shows and sports celebrations.

It's things like that which make photography so interesting!

David Young - Photographer
Logan Lake, CANADA

Wildlife: www.furnfeather.net
Personal: www.main.furnfeather.net