[LRflex] Re: a mildly interesting read on Stock Photo Market

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:07:44 -0400

George:
The article reads like a chapter out of an american high school textbook. The
kind with all the enjoyment of reading edited out and as many facts as possible
stitched together with as many neutral nouns verbs and adjectives as possible.
After reading 90% of it, I'm glad to know the info it contains, but am left
scratching my head over how instances of inarguably criminal behavior, immoral
corporate structures, and gross strategic incompetencies, are treated with
equal linguistic neutrality as used to describe neutral historical information.

Wrong is wrong. Illegal is illegal. Evil is evil.

Treating them as equivalent points to giving names, dates, and places, imho
gives them a false note of acceptability.

Noting their presence and their role is to be honest,
treating them neutrally is to be morally dishonest.

Sincerely
Richard Ward