[LRflex] Re: Prince William's dream

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 21:44:22 +0200

William Abbott wrote:

>I am a "wannabe" newspaper or magazine  photographer;

Go N then - no alternative, very unfortunately this is the only option
left.
The D200 is a wonderful tool - with beautiful fast AF fast lenses - I
spent monday evening reading the text of a slide show for an N user
friend of mine - his photos were projected 2m x 3 and were pure wonders.
With you could see that.

But from what I read between your lines, a small, ready to shoot , easy
to use camera would probably be ok along the DMR/R while waitng for the
the R10.
Have you considered the G7 - I know I have a +++  bias for that camera,
and I know why - slim, light, versatile (with add-on lenses you get
amazing results at both ends - macro and tele) fairly cheap and nearly
disposable - can be connected to TV screen and is 10mp, not bad after
all, is it not?

Trying to find a duplicate of the R combo might mean redundancy for one
or the other - so why not have a look at something completely different?
This is just another suggestion.
Yours

Phil..x