[LRflex] Re: Prince William's dream

  • From: "Dr. Elliot Puritz" <drpuritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 20:17:25 -0400

Phillipe and William:

I have the D200 and some of the very excellent Nikon zoom and prime lenses.
Might I say that the results with the camera surpass almost all of my
expectations.  Enlargements ( so far only 12x20 ) are virtually perfect.  I
realize that many here say that the DMR is superior.  Not having a DMR, nor
having the opportunity to see enlargements of photos taken with the DMR, I
can only accept what my respected and talented colleagues have said.
Nevertheless, should anyone here "settle" for the D200 then I can assure
them that the camera is capable of doing far more then most of us can
accomplish.  Furthermore, the newly released and inexpensive D40x (and the
preceding D40 ) is light, and has many of the features that the D200 has.
If one is looking for an excellent "stop gap" solution while awaiting the
R10 then the D40 with the amazingly inexpensive-but very well reviewed-18-55
zoom lens would be just about perfect.

I'm still waiting for the R10....:}...

Elliot