[LRflex] "Broken Finger Lake"

  • From: LEICAFLEX <leicaflex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 14:59:14 -0700

Hi David,
Perhaps if you were an explorer of the wild west a 100 years ago, you
would have named that lake "Broken Finger Lake", or something like
that.....Get well soon.....!  Glad it doesn't hamper your ability to
press the shutter!  To think that so much of our environment is
changing right in our midst, due to global warming that is increasing
its effects in exponential fashion in some areas.....that's really
sad.  However, this has been going on for decades and we are just
seeing the cumulative effects reach some kind of threshold. Closer to
'home', we see names in new housing subdivisions like "Pheasant Run"
or "Possum Trail", but the former only has black crows and the latter
has your neighbor's cat".  Thank goodness I still see deer families in
the SF peninsula, and occasional raccoons and possums, as well as hear
the woodpecker hard at work on a telephone pole.

BTW here's a boat in a pond that Philippe and Xavier may be familiar
with....its at Monet's famous garden in Giverny.  Taken several years
ago and low-res scanned, then my itchy fingers started playing with
Corel PhotoPaint.  More to come......artistic streak at computerized
impressionism from yours truly ;-) ! ~ Eric