[LRFlex] Re: Leica R to EOS adaptors ... alternative brands.

  • From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 00:50:28 +0100

Dave,
while you're trying out the 10D just keep in mind that the 20D is even better.
A few years back I was even refusing to use Autofocus until I won a
Canon EOS 500 (Rebel something or other). With the 20D Canon has managed to make
a compact, versatile, good looking, good feeling (and excellent imaging quality)
camera at an , IMO, very reasonable price. There are a lot more settings and
options on it than you would probably ever need, I never really got beyond the
simplest Av Tv Manual and program settings. If you've ever used an EOS before
then the controls are pretty intuitive and if not they very well and logically
positioned. And best of all you can stick just about any kind of glass
imaginable on the front of it, Leica, Zeiss-Contax, Nikon, M42 (haven't seen a
Minolta or PK adapter yet - but who knows).
Douglas

BTW the dirt cheap Canon EF-S 18-55mm, sold only together with the camera, has
just been tested in Foto-Magazin here in Germany - this around $100 lens tested
out at a better optical quality than most other makes at up to 6 times the
price. It feels like something out of a christmas cracker but it really is a
good performer.

Steve Barbour wrote:
go for it Dave... it's terrific. Steve

Dave Saalsaa wrote:

So Ted,
Can you tell a difference between the fingerprint of the Leica lenses and the Canon lenses? I just bought a R to EOS adaptor (I don't even have the Canon 20 D yet) but my friend has a couple of 10 Ds so I thought I might borrow one for a few hours and play with it before committing to a 20D. I would probably have to buy one of the ultra wide angle Canon zoom lenses but have a full compliment of Leica R lenses from 24 to 400mm and I am anxious to get started.

Dave