[karc] Re: Comments on proposed amended by-law and regulations

  • From: Steve Cutway <ve3kc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 16:40:38 -0500

Hi Rob:

This is precisely the right time to bring this up. Why do you think I did it? If amendments can't be made at the meeting on Wednesday, which, by the way, under Roberts Rules, is when they should be, there's a railroad going on that I won't be a part of.

The proposed by-laws and Regulations have not been presented to a Club meeting. They are still in recommendation form from the committee established to develop them. That committee, through Bill VA3Ol, asked for comment on the list prior to the KARC March meeting. I complied with that request.

So no, it's not too late in the day to bring this up and I strongly suggest that you learn the rules governing meetings before asking such a question. Had I submitted my comments next Monday after the meeting, then yes, it would have been too late.

Cheers & 73,

Steve VE3KC