[JA] juno5bdb - Just One Folder?

  • From: Linda WJ <pettey-admin@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, no-tags-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:18:22 -0800

Hi Larry,

Larry wrote:
> Depending on how you will be using the exported folders, you could
> take a look at juno5bdb ...... Download it and check out the
> README.txt file. >

From the  juno5bdb  README.txt  file:

  TODO
  ----
  * Add MIME2FRM features.  This includes specifying a single
  folder to process and the ability to strip various header lines
  from the messages to reduce their size.

There is nothing like looking a gift horse in the mouth!  Is the "TODO"
list kind of a wish list or an actual list of things you're planning to
work on?

I think it's GREAT you wrote this handy utility!   I can see where
juno5bdb  would work for me but it's kind of overkill if I just want to
copy one folder from one computer to another.

Sometimes all I'm trying to do is print a message I've received.  We only
have one printer but multiple computers.  Generally I just move the
message I want to print to a folder, export the folder to a diskette,
take the diskette upstairs, import the folder into Juno on the computer
with the printer attached, select the message and print.

The other thing I'm wanting to do is set up an "old messages" archive.
Sure you can move messages to various folders (wish they were
multi-tiered) but the bigger the folders get the slower Juno gets when
opening, etc.  I'm wanting to set up a second copy of Juno so I can
export folders from the copy I'm using to the copy used just to warehouse
old messages.  In this case your program will work a lot better for me
but generally I'm still just interested in exporting maybe 15 of my 100+
folders.

I really miss the neat features Juno 5 has (like mail assistants and
stationery) but Juno 4 also seems to be more stable than Juno 5.  I
seemed to have an e-mail disaster every few months with Juno 5 but Juno 4
generally seems to recover without my losing messages when something goes
wrong.  I'm guessing their lumping all the messages into one big file in
Juno 5 has a lot to do with that.

With  juno5bdb  you've at least given us another option.   I appreciate
that!

Linda