[JA] Juno's cookies

  • From: bob.in.jersey@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 12:11:18 EDT

In the past two days two messages I posted to one of my Yahoo lists
have bounced, but not for the reason(s) you would expect.

Juno, on occasion, is known to insert visible 'cookies' into its
messages, prolly entirely random, generally in the form:

string of encoded whatever]>

That's right, a Received: header.  And often right in the usual
sequence of headers.

Wellll, the bounces occurred because some list member's mail
provider (not in the USA) saw this header and thought that that LONG
string of encoded whatever was an address, which of course it ain't,
=ergo= it comes back to me...altho' really it shouldn't, because
list software (whatever it is) should ensure that bounces return to
the list management or host (right?)

The list moderator suggested I take this up with you, as he believed
it to have resulted from a flaw in Juno.

--
BoB