[JA] Re: Better DNS lookup?

  • From: J�rel DD Arbaugh <computerist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, no-tag-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 13:39:12 PDT

}Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 17:21:09 EDT
}Subject: [JA] Better DNS lookup?
}From: bob.in.jersey

}Are we pretty-much stuck with the domain-name-system lookup
}facilities provided by Juno and/or its connectivity partners?
}
}Or, are there alternatives (preferably F-R-E-E) we can use?
}

        This may depend partly on version of juno, however...

}For literally the past week Juno has denied that the IP address for
}an animation-related site I visit regularly, even exists.  What's
}worse, unless I can get through to that site, I *can't* contact the
}webmasters (their normal e-mail addies are either blocked, or are
}affected by the same problem as the website)
}
}What'cha think?

        It would help if I knew what web site/domain.  You can try doing
a whois on the domain, (email only users can do it via binky) and see if
it is still valid, or expired.  It is all too common for a site to forget
to renew, or renew late!  The results of the whois may also include
contacts on another domain.  This addresses should only be used if
contacts from other sources bounce.

        Even if the problem is a net-wide DNS glitch, if you can get the
IP of the sight, some way, then that can be used, in many cases, in place
of the domain name for web, or in as email address like:
whoever@[64.136.24.68]  (the m5.boston.juno.com server 8-}  )
--
| Computerist.    This user is located in California.  It is a violation
of California law to send unsolicited commercial mail to this user.
---