[JA] Re: Better DNS lookup?

  • From: Jacob Winters <sirtuba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Juno Accmail <juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 17:10:15 -0700 (PDT)

From: rsgilmore@xxxxxxxx

rsgilmore:
>? ? ? such a thing exists..? ? ?

bob.in.jersey:
>> Are we pretty-much stuck with the domain-name-system lookup
>> facilities provided by Juno and/or its connectivity partners?

What is being talked about (I believe) is as follows:

Every domain name in existance is placed on DNS (Domain Name Servers)
all over the world. The DNS tables translate a domain name into a
computer location so that other computers can find the specified source
using only the domain name. It's kinda like a road map for the
information to find to correct servers.

If this is what the question refers to, then the only thing I know to
do is to write to Juno and complain. Since being unable to access the
site with Juno, have you tried to access it from elsewhere?

--
Jacob L. Winters
sirtuba@xxxxxxxxx