[JA] Re: Strange new account name appeared

  • From: George Lunt <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 04:20:08 GMT

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001 Babette C Bloch <bvcb@xxxxxxxx> writes:

++++++
Using Juno 4.0 Build11

Two of my accounts suddenly showed up with a second listing in the box where
you choose which account to open.  Thus, the acount for "JoeBlow"
now appears twice...once as "Joe Bloch" and once as "JoeBlow@xxxxxxxx"

There are no additional User folders in my Juno files.

Any ideas?
++++++

Hi Babette, and All,

Juno started using the "long" names (Juno domain included) with the first v5
version...  did you ever have a v5 version installed on your machine?  Could be
residue from that installation.

Haven't noticed anything funny about the password for "joeblow@xxxxxxxx" have
you?  Juno has started displaying the encrypted password in v5.33 and instead
of 5 asterisks for your 5 character password, you now get 12 asterisks for the
encrypted password.

George Lunt ..... so. cal.

OR visit http://freelists.dhs.org