[jhb] Re: Farmstrip Campaign

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 07:34:36 +0100

Until I started the most recent group, for FSX only, the NDB was created as an AFCAD for each airfield. The AFCAD contains only the NDB info, together with assignments to UK FARMSTRIP, as the Country. In the FSX farms that I've just posted I've switched to creating the NDB as an .xml file, followed by compilation to a .bgl.

What utterly defeats me is why FSNav Database searches it out in the way it does. If I untick any other scenery, eg the UK2000 series, then they aren't gathered in. The AFCADs are significantly different. I tried changing the folder name, still picked up. Why the difference in search approach?

Switching to FSINN, although it didn't work when I ran FS9, it didn't adversely affect it. In contrast, when loading FSX it sought approval to run FSCoPilot at startup, so there was no control over its involvement. Even when the offer was refused the link to GFConfig was completely gone. I tried removing the references it added to FSX.cfg but they always reappeared, after a bootup. Uninstalling both FSINN and FSCP didn't resolve the problem. Only by doing a system restore could I retrieve the situation. In FSX it's not the first time that FSConfig has been affected. If FSX freezes for any reason then the link is broken. An FSX restart is accompanied by a message to the affect that the DataBridge link has been broken. The GF kit still lights up but changing a heading, or dropping flap, via the units, has no effect on FSX. The units do however light up and normallity is recovered by re booting the PC. The affect of the FSINN FSCP isn't accompanied by a warning and the GF units are all completely dead and unreachable even by running GFConfig.

BTW, when you switch to FSX there is a new version of FSConfig required. It's not as bad as their first attempt but still contains a couple of minor bugs.

Gerry Winskill

bones wrote:

Hmm. That suggests the NDB is added to the airfield AFCAD as well as the NDB
BGL..