[jhb] Re: Ernie

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 17:55:57 +0100

Just what I'd been thinking Fred.

It's almost as though someone has the abillity to cut them off from contact with the outside world. Iknow i'ts difficult to make reasoned judgements, from our positions of isolation, since something like a stroke might make the action unavoidable. For some other conditions, continued contact with old "friends",when the ex patient is in total control of the frequency etc of contact, wouldfor the system seem to me to be a great form of therapy. Alas there are increasing signs that the ageing process can often be an excuse to minimise nuisance value. I've decided to beat the system and stick on my current number.

Gerry Winskill

Fred Stopforth wrote:
I find this incident of Ernie's change of abode rather saddening because even a well meant query at the hospital as to where he may have moved to will only bring up a ''Not allowed to give such information'' statement.Hence a friend can end up not knowning how his friend is.I wonder if his daughter may contact JHB one day soon? Fred
----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>