[jhb] Re: CH Yoke Query

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 12:47:22 +0100

Hi Kev,

Yes it's centred and probably has been for a few years. I use the wheel on the Goflight GF-LGT module, plus one of the tumbler switches on the yoke grip.

I've emailed CH's Support, as well.

Gerry Winskill

175@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Gerry

You dont mention in your fault finding, the coarse mechanical trim wheel in the yoke housing.

Can you confirm this is centred?

Kev

On Sat 18/07/09 8:58 AM , Gerry Winskill gwinsk@xxxxxxx sent:

    Another day and another problem! This time it's my CH USB Yoke.

    For about a week now I've found that leaving the yoke hands free
    results
    in the aircraft slowly banking and turning to the right. It happens
    with
    a variety of aircraft, so it's not aircraft.cfg induced.

    I've allocated a couple of keys to aileron trim but they have no effect.

    I've recalibrated several times. No effect.

    I've recalibrated, pressing a button to indicate the yoke is centred,
    whilst actually holding it in the approx position needed for level
    flight, in the current situation.

    I'm beginning to suspect the inabillity to trim, or calibrate, out
    points to the Yoke internals as the culprit.

    I seem to recall someone on the list trying to open up the yoke, with
    explosive results! So, the only idea I have is to try squirting
    electrical cleaner into it.

    Anyone any ideas please? I've had the yoke since the USB Yoke first
    came
    out, so perhaps it's just knackered!