[jhb] Re: CH Yoke Query

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 08:06:47 +0100

I have a gauge that shows existing rudder trim, so I can return it to zero, after fiddling. I've just done the same with aileron trim but that seems to indicate that even 100%, in either direction, has absolutely no effect.

Now I think I've definitely narrowed it down to the yoke itself. I've disabled the CH YOKE X Axis, via the Options, Settings, Controls menu, and assigned ailerons to the keyboard arrows. I can now get it to fly level but with no way of knowing aileron position to achieve this. So, I've set it up om a heading with autopilot, then disengaged HDG Hold. It flies level. If I do this with the Yoke enabled it would bank when HDG Hold is disengaged.

Finally, I've shut down FSX, moved the yoke cable to a front of case connection, enabled its X axis and disabled the keyboard controls. Back to dodgy aileron control, so that seems to point to the unit, rather than Paul's logical alternative.

Something I'd forgotten to mention is that, coincidentally, the pitch control seems a lot more sensitive, with all aircraft. Again it must be hardware related.

Next shot is a blast with electrical cleaner.

Thanks for the input folks, much appreciated.

Gerry Winskill

Fossil wrote:
Be careful using rudder trim because there are no keys to auto centre once
applied - at least in FS9. Once you apply rudder trim it's a pain to get it
zeroed again.

It does indeed look like a stick problem so the next thing to check is that
calibration hasn't wandered.