Re: Version 6.0

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:35:56 -0600

Yep, that's right.  The daisy material is actually verry helpful and
useful. I know that it's new to a lot of people and even I was a little
confused at first.  But once I saw how powerful the daisy format is i then
realized why FS did it this way. Yes, you can certainly listen to the mp3
files in that directory if you wish, but if you use the FS Reader demo in
the way FS intended you to, you would have a choice to either read the
material in text with JAWS, or listen to the material being spoken.  This
way if you missed something you could confirm it by reading the text
again.  Plus navigating from daisy book to book is easy, very much like
that of a standard tree view, in fact that's exactly what it is, it's a
standard tree view.  As for testing the daisy reader, no. we're not being
asked to do that, we're just doing things a bit differently. it's called
change people. Sometimes change is good.
and if you're still not sure if the daisy material is better, think of it
this way. with a cd you only get 80 minutes of audio to work with, this is
in audio format. but with Daisy you get much more and the ffiles are in mp3
which gives you more time. I would like to see the what's new offered as
mp3 files as well, that wouldn't be such a bad idea. But this is Daisy so
this is how it's being done now. At least we have a what's new and
shouldn't complain.