Re: Version 6.0

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:58:21 -0600

Jack
The rationale behind putting the authorization disc in the drive first, is
so that your authorization info can be stored in the windows registry.
This way, when you are ready to actually activate JAWS 6, your 20 digit
authorization code, which is very hard to read in braille on the sleave as
we all know, will actually be placed in the edit box.  This way you don't
have to guess at it if you try to manually type it in.
Also, if you have to uninstall JAWS 6 for any reason, you can simply
re-install it and the information for your authorization will still be in
the registry and you won't even be prompted to activate again. and even if
you are, that real long number will rbe right there in the edit box, making
things ever so much easier.
You can still do it the other way and you will be prompted to place your
authorizaation cd in the drive, but this just keeps things simpler. at
least for me it does.