RE: Miranda IM, the scripts and JAWS 6

  • From: "jim grimsby" <jimgrims@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:17:27 -0800

Firstly in the contact list window, I could arrow up and down in the =
list=20
and i could tell what person had the focus. It was really cool to be =
able=20
to see AIM contacts in the same window as MSN. But the problem was that =
the=20
names of some of my contacts were cut off. It would only read a few =
letters=20
of each person's name, and I kind of find that annoying.  So I would =
love=20
to find a way to fix that if it's at all possible either via the scripts =
or=20
the program itself. I did try maximizing the window, because that's what =

you usually do when something is either  acting funny or will not read =
all=20
the way.
Try changing the font size of text shown in your contact list setting =
this
to a smaller value some times helps a lot. =20

Secondly, I use a dec-talk express as my synthesizer with JAWS 6. When
typing a message, I noticed that the typing echo had been turned off=20
and I sometimes like to hear my  keystrokes as I type. Helps me with=20
accuracy so that I don't make as many mistakes, smile.  So when I turned =

typing echo back on to characters and began typing a message, I noticed=20
that typing in the message window produced very sluggish results.  I had =
to=20
actually wait for one letter to be typed before I could type another, it =

was extremely sluggish. So I'm not sure if there's a setting I can =
change=20
in the scripts to do this, or if it's a Miranda IM issue itself and just =

the way it's handled by JAWS.
No typing echo was turned off so that when a new message came in jaws =
would
read the new message and would not allow typing to interrupted. If you =
want
to change this and you do so at your own risk for jaws typing will
interrupted messages coming in go in to config manager and turn typing =
echo
on and set typing interrupted to on. =20
Hth=20