RE: Text Editors that work best with Jaws?

  • From: Adrian Spratt <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 11:10:06 -0400

Dave and Brandon,

This will solve the problem. Nicely done. If I may elaborate, locating a
file or folder in a list by first letter can make things go more quickly,
but it risks not only selecting, but also opening, the item. For example, if
you press the first letter of an application in the start/programs list, it
will open the application if it is the only one on your list that begins
with that letter. Suppose you believe mistakenly that JAWS is listed in your
programs under Freedom Scientific, pressing f might result in opening a
totally unrelated application.

Brandon, you're fortunate that your "Notes" folder is first in the list so
that Dave's spacebar solution is perfect and simple. I wonder if pressing n
a second time would return you to Notes and select it. That might be a
workaround in the event the folder you want on another occasion  doesn't
come  first.

Once I've confirmed I'm in the folder where I want to place a file, with all
files in that folder unselected, I tab once to confirm that the filename
hasn't changed, as you do, and then press alt-s to save. The less tabbing,
the less risk of something else going wrong.

----