Re: Select all command

  • From: Dave Durber <dadurber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 15:22:07 -0400

Ok guys!  I hope that this will be the last posting from me on this
subject.

I have found out that there is a way of changing a keystroke such as
<CTRL+A> and reassigning the command to another key combination.
Unfortunately, it involves using specialized programming tools to
achieve the desired result.

So, I talked to the person I am training and suggested that they use
<alt+f> followed by pressing <s> as was suggested by someone earlier
to perform the same function as using <CTRL+s> to save the updates
they have made to the file they are working on.  They seem to be all
right with the new way of saving updates a file.

By the way, this particular individual prefers using the keyboard to
enter commands rather than the mouse.

You cannot assume that just because someone can see, they should use a
mouse rather than keyboard commands.

So, hopefully, we can end this thread at last.

How about it.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber