RE: Off topic Longhorn preview!

  • From: Bill <bill.cam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 02:29:49 -0500

hmm why do you say x p is the most speech friendly version of windows.

only win 95 allowed me access to safe mode, and for my money it was the
most speech friendly.

not to mention it supported dos fully.

also remember jfw 6.

just came out when?

recently, only a few months back.
  well not until jfw 6 was remote desk top accessable, a feature in x p
operating system.

jfw 6 did not appear for a long time after the release of win xp.

so to say x p was ready out of the gate is not exactly true statement.

bill

p s most blind folks are not using the x p interface but are using the
older classic interface.
granted its their, but its not what most sighted folks are using.
which also means when you try to converse with sighted collegues that they
may be on a differant page than you are.

another negative to the x p o s with respect to blind users.

as far as long horn is concern, will comment when i see it.