Re: JAWS ECHOING TEXT IN BLANK CELLS

  • From: Ann byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 11:10:55 -0600

Check the 'read column titles'/'read row titles' under verbosity. In my experience, that is usually the culprit. JAWS sees as a title something in a row you don't expect.

Good luck.

  At 06:41 AM 12/14/2008, you wrote:
    Hi folks,

I have an excel spread sheet comprised of 14 columns and 84 rows.
When I cursor down any of the columns jaws reads text from a previous cell in that same column. The crazy thing is that the text being spoken is not necessarily in the cell directly above my cursor, it could be from a cell four or five rows above. This occurs with both Jaws 8 and 9. Because it happens with both versions of Jaws I'm not convinced that Jaws is the culprit. Mr... Murphy and his law dictates that this should happen in the midst of year end reports.

Thanks for any help.

TNX

Larry