[jawsscripts] Re: Why does this work?

  • From: "Brian Hartgen" <jaws@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 17:07:14 +0100

Hi Jamal

There are two things going on here.
1. Sean is correct in that if you use the System Access Mobile Network
browser, that is one application and so putting jaws to sleep in the .JCF
will in fact work.  This would be logical and is the way jaws would treat
any application as you observed.
2. However, certainly what happens for me if I launch the system access
screen-reader, which is different altogether, if jaws is running it will be
closed automatically and SA will take over.  When I close SA, jaws is not
running so I would have to start it from the run dialog.
This is a recent initiative. Previously, if jaws was running and I started
the SA screen-reader, I would get a dialog to the effect that another
screen-reader was running and I had to close it before running SA.  Now it
is much more elegant as SA seems to close jaws automatically because there
is an executable to stop jaws from running isn't there.

Does that help at all?