[jawsscripts] Why does this work?

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:27:26 -0400 (EDT)

A friend uses System Access sometimes in addition to JAWS.  In an
SA-related forum, he found the instructions below on how to put JAWS to
sleep whenever SA is loaded, and automatically wake it up when SA is
unloaded.  It surprises me that this works because I thought JAWS could
only be put to sleep on a per-application basis (doing this in default.jcf
would not make sense, as far as I know)  Does anyone have ideas about how
this technically works?  My friend confirms that JAWS does
sleep and wake up as intended if the instructions are followed.

Jamal

1. run jaws

2. insert+f2 and enter on config manager

3. ctrl+n new file named "fbsa" then press enter

4. alt+s for set options; then press a for advanced options

5. sleep mode enable checkbox checked

6. unload synthesizer checkbox checked

7. enter on okay

8. ctrl+s to save config file; then alt+f4

.